    Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-25:

    > Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:
    >
    > > I think we'd better call the whole discussion off.
    >
    > We could continue as long as people like Jens Axboe stay reasonable.

    No. The deal was people stating their requirements, not mounting
    personal attacks against others. I posted the same question (what's
    lacking) several times, and your constant answer "device enumeration"
    makes me assume that it's the only thing you believe is missing.

    Since libscg scans all /dev/pg* and /dev/sg* (for transport indicator ""
    which means plain sg) and all /dev/hd* (for transport indicator ATA:
    which means /dev/hd*) and turns it into bus, host, lun anyways, there
    does not appear to be a need to move this code into the kernel.

    What *else* is missing?

    --
    Matthias Andree