Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-25:

> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > I think we'd better call the whole discussion off.
>
> We could continue as long as people like Jens Axboe stay reasonable.

No. The deal was people stating their requirements, not mounting
personal attacks against others. I posted the same question (what's
lacking) several times, and your constant answer "device enumeration"
makes me assume that it's the only thing you believe is missing.

Since libscg scans all /dev/pg* and /dev/sg* (for transport indicator ""
which means plain sg) and all /dev/hd* (for transport indicator ATA:
which means /dev/hd*) and turns it into bus, host, lun anyways, there
does not appear to be a need to move this code into the kernel.

What *else* is missing?

--
Matthias Andree