    (stripped Lee from the Cc: list)

    Jens Axboe schrieb am 2006-01-25:

    > > Hm. sysfs, procfs, udev, hotplug, netlink (for IPv6) - this all looks rather
    > > complicated and non-portable. I understand that applications that can just
    > > open every device and send SCSI INQUIRY might want to do that on Linux, too.
    > Certainly, I'm just suggesting a better way to do it on Linux.

    Great. There's a better way, but it is not necessary. Let Linux-specific
    applications use it for their benefit, but a portable application isn't
    going that way because it's too much effort. If a simpler interface that
    can be shared with half a dozen other system exists, the portable
    application will use that and ignore better interfaces.

    Matthias Andree

      Last update: 2006-01-26 00:17    [W:0.020 / U:1.028 seconds]