    SubjectRe: RCU latency regression in 2.6.16-rc1

    * Lee Revell <> wrote:

    > > Here is an updated version of that patch against 2.6.16-rc1. I have
    > > sanity-tested it on ppc64 and x86_64 using dbench and kernbench.
    > > I have also tested this for OOM situations - open()/close() in
    > > a tight loop in my x86_64 which earlier used to reach file limit
    > > if I set batch limit to 10 and found no problem. This patch does set
    > > default RCU batch limit to 10 and changes it only when there is an RCU
    > > flood.
    > OK this seems to work, I can't tell yet whether it help the latency I
    > reported, but rt_run_flush still produces terrible latencies.
    > Ingo, should I try the softirq preemption patch + Dipankar's patch +
    > latency tracing patch?

    yes, that would be a nice test. (I'm busy now with mutex stuff to be
    able to do a working softirq-preemption patch, but i sent you my current
    patches off-list - if you want to give it a shot. Be warned though,
    there will likely be quite some merging work to do, so it's definitely
    not for the faint hearted.)

      Last update: 2006-01-25 23:59    [W:0.023 / U:0.036 seconds]