    SubjectRe: e100 oops on resume
    On 1/25/06, Olaf Kirch <> wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:37:40AM -0800, Jesse Brandeburg wrote:
    > > its an interesting patch, but it raises the question why does
    > > e100_init_hw need to be called at all in resume? I looked back
    > > through our history and that init_hw call has always been there. I
    > > think its incorrect, but its taking me a while to set up a system with
    > > the ability to resume.
    > I'll ask the folks here to give it a try tomorrow. But I suspect at
    > least some of it will be needed. For instance I assume you'll
    > have to reload to ucode when bringing the NIC back from sleep.

    I totally agree thats what it looks like, but unless I'm missing
    something e100_up will take care of everything, and if the interface
    is not up, e100_open->e100_up afterward will take care of it.

    we have to be really careful about what might happen when resuming on
    a system with a SMBUS link to a BMC, as there are some tricky
    transitions in the hardware that can be easily violated.

      Last update: 2006-01-25 23:30    [W:0.020 / U:2.220 seconds]