Kyle Moffett <> wrote:

> > [irrelevant discussion of other platforms]

Incorrect, sorry. Do you really make Linux incompatible to the rest of the

> > 17 Platforms _need_ the addressing scheme libscg offers
> > 5 Platforms _may_ use a different access method too.
> Wrong again:
> 17 platforms need libscg's addressing
> 4 platforms offer /dev/* access
> 1 platform (Linux) _requires_ /dev/* access

Your last line is wrong

> You are perfectly free to adjust your compatibility layer accordingly.

The Linux Kernel fols unfortunately artificially hides information for the
/dev/hd* interface making exactly this compatibility impossible.

> Personal attacks are offtopic, irrelevant, and rude. Please refrain
> from doing so. If you don't plan to respond to somebody's email,
> just don't, no reason to shout about it to a world who doesn't care.

If you are against personal attacks, why didn't you intercede for the
postings from Jens Axboe and Albert Cahalan?

I am against personal attacks and this is the first time where it tooks
more than a day before LKML people started with personal attacks against me.
So in principle this is some sort of progress compared to former times.
If you like to continue this discussion, I would like you to stay reasonable
and help to keep the discussion stay based on technical based arguments.

-- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog: