SubjectRe: [RFC] VM: I have a dream...

--On January 23, 2006 9:05:41 AM -0600 Ram Gupta <ram.gupta5@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Linux also supports multiple swap files . But these are more
> beneficial if there are more than one disk in the system so that i/o
> can be done in parallel. These swap files may be activated at run time
> based on some criteria.

You missed the point. The kernel in OS X maintains creation and use of
these files automatically. The point wasn't oh wow multiple files' it was
that it creates them on the fly. I just posted back with the apparent new
method that's being used. I'm not sure if the 512MB number continues or if
the next file will be 1Gb or another 512M. Or of memory size affects it or
not.

I'm sure developer.apple.com or apple darwin pages have the information
somewhere.

  Last update: 2006-01-23 21:47    [W:0.193 / U:0.236 seconds]