SubjectRe: [Alsa-devel] Re: RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different approach
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:25:50AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
>
> > Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:
> >
> > > 3. no ALSA drivers for the same hardware
> > >
> > > SOUND_ACI_MIXER
> >
> > Never heard
>
> A chip used on miroPCM (ISA) cards. An ALSA driver has been written for it,
> and it seems the ACI stuff is supported. (This driver is not yet in the
> kernel tree.)
>
> Martin, has your miro.c a complete implementation of what is in aci.c?

Not all card models are tested, yet. It could be possible that
something is broken. There is a lack of bugreports for ISA cards...

Be aware that the driver for the radio part of the miroSOUND PCM20
still depends on the OSS aci driver. Someone has to move those files
drivers/media/radio/miropcm20* to ALSA. Meanwhile I got a miroSOUND
PCM20 and so I'm still waiting that the ALSA miro driver will be moved
into the kernel tree for doing it...

Any plans about moving ALSA miro driver into the kernel? Or is there
something completely wrong which has to be fixed at first?

martin

  Last update: 2006-01-20 10:55    [W:0.156 / U:0.472 seconds]