    SubjectRe: GPL V3 and Linux
    On 1/20/06, Jeff V. Merkey <> wrote:
    > Cudos to Stallman, The patent retaliation clause is exactly what has
    > been missing. The inclusion of custom binaries was a little vague, but
    > the net of it is that the end user can combine the separate parts, and
    > have the freedom to do so given the GPL3 terms. Any concensus on
    > whether Linux will move to GPL3? I support adoption and congrats to
    > Stallman -- A++++.
    GPLv3 tends to get on top of the most braindead things ever known to
    software development. It is, in fact, a one-too-many example of how a
    person who cannot be seriously considered to be a computer programmer
    tries to have his one-too-many revenge on companies which employ real
    software developers and produce real world software. Someone should
    probably put an end to these miserable efforts.

    I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

      Last update: 2006-01-21 03:30    [W:0.019 / U:24.480 seconds]