    SubjectRe: GPL V3 and Linux

    >> Also, given that several of the copyright holders in the kernel are
    >> dead, I don't think we will be able to obtain permission.
    >

    > I can do a ceremony and call them with an eagle bone whistle and a
    > Califonia Condor Feather. We can then ask them directly.
    > GPL2 is fine if the kernel stays that way for my projects. moving
    > forward, the patent retaliation clause is a great idea.
    > Jeff

    I called them at the sacred fire in my ceremony room with music from the
    bones of an eagle. They said whatever concensus is reached
    by the majority if fine with them. One of them said something about
    a woman wearing a crazy hat with a white ostrich feather in it
    he did not care for, but that was it.

    Jeff

    >> -
    >> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
    >> linux-kernel" in
    >> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

      Last update: 2006-01-20 21:18    [W:3.145 / U:0.008 seconds]