    SubjectRe: [SCHED] wrong priority calc - SIMPLE test case
    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:15:43 +0100
    Mike Galbraith <efault@gmx.de> wrote:

    > >This is the bad situation I hate: some cpu-eaters that eat all the CPU
    > >time BUT have a really good priority only because they sleeps a bit.
    >
    > Yup, your proggy fools the interactivity estimator quite well. This
    > problem was addressed a long time ago, and thought to be more or less
    > cured. Guess not.

    In my original real-life test case (transcode) I found that the problem
    started with the removing of "interactive_credit":

    http://groups.google.com/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/6aa5c93c379ae9e1/a9a83db6446edaf7?lnk=st&q=insubject%3Asched+author%3APaolo+author%3AOrnati&rnum=1&hl=en#a9a83db6446edaf7

    This is not actually true... in fact that change only unhidden the
    problem for that particular test-case.

    With my little proggy I'm now able to reproduce the problem even with
    "interactive_credit" applied (for example with a 2.6.10 kernel).

    Said this, and since "nicksched" doesn't have this problem at all, it
    is an ingosched (and others as well) problem.

    --
    Paolo Ornati
    Linux 2.6.15-rc7-plugsched on x86_64