    SubjectRe: [patch] halt_on_oops command line option
    Dave Jones <> wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:22:55PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > >
    > > How's this look?
    > > Attempt to fix the problem wherein people's oops reports scroll off the screen
    > > due to repeated oopsing or to oopses on other CPUs.
    > >
    > > If this happens the user can reboot with the `halt_on_oops' option. It will
    > > allow the first oopsing CPU to print an oops record just a single time. Second
    > > oopsing attempts, or oopses on other CPUs will cause those CPUs to enter a
    > > tight loop.
    > seems a bit aggressive for UP. Now if my sound driver oopses, I don't
    > just lose sound, I lock up. (That's why I made it a pause, not a halt
    > in my earlier patch).

    Well I'm assuming people would only enable the option if they are
    experiencing persistently-scrolling-off oopses.

    We could make the boot option be number-of-seconds-to-pause I guess. Do
    you think it's really worth it?

      Last update: 2006-01-19 09:03    [W:0.019 / U:3.968 seconds]