    From: Bryan O'Sullivan <>
    Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:43:31 -0800

    > Obviously, we'd prefer the number to be zero, but I don't think we
    > can do that without submitting a driver that isn't very useful.

    You can use an interface such a netlink for device configuration.
    It can do better type checking, can be used by generic tools, and
    some day soon will be transferable over the wire so that one can
    perform remote configuration changes.

    Let's let ioctl()'s go the way of the cave man. It's one of the
    worst designed interfaces undef UNIX :)

      Last update: 2006-01-19 01:51    [W:0.056 / U:4.520 seconds]