SubjectRe: [patch 00/62] sem2mutex: -V1
Date
On Friday 13 January 2006 20:56, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Ingo Oeser <ioe-lkml@rameria.de> wrote:
> > On Friday 13 January 2006 14:44, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Could we get for each of these and a mutex:
> >
> > - description
> > - common use case
> > - small argument why this and nothing else should be used there
>
> like ... Documentation/mutex-design.txt?

Much simpler.

Take your favorite conversion and optionally a discussable
conversion. Now describe why mutex/completion/struct work can do
the same and still reach the same level of safety.

Sth. like extending Documentation/DocBook/kernel-locking.tmpl
which still misses completions and struct work queues,
how all works together, possible nesting and so on.

It all boils down to discussion one conversion of each type.
If one could point me to such discussions in the archives
I could write sth. up.

Regards

Ingo Oeser

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans