    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-mm2: alpha broken
    On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 10:19:30AM -0800, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Paul Jackson wrote:
    >
    > > Adrian wrote:
    > > > This is the amout of testing I can afford.
    > >
    > > It sounds to me like you are saying that a minute of your time is
    > > more valuable than a minute of each of several other peoples time.
    > >
    > > The only two people I gladly accept that argument from are Linus
    > > and Andrew.
    > >
    > > For the rest of us, it is important to minimize the total workload
    > > of all us combined, not to optimize our individual output.
    > >
    > > What you don't test, several others of us get to test. Only its often
    > > more work, for -each- of us, as we each have to figure out which of
    > > 1000 patches caused the breakage.
    >
    > I don't find building cross-toolchains quite as easy as Al does,
    > so I download and build with these (on i386):
    > http://developer.osdl.org/dev/plm/cross_compile/
    > as Andrew has also mentioned in the past.
    >
    > Or one can submit kernel patches for builds to an OSDL
    > build machine which does 8 or 9 $ARCH builds.

    This leaves 15 or 16 other architectures for my puny 1,8 GHz CPU.

    And does OSDL fix other people's compile breakages in the latest -mm
    before I submit my patches, or am I required to play QA for every
    single architecture before I can submit one single patch touching
    architecture-independend files?

    > ~Randy

    cu
    Adrian