    SubjectRe: Oops in ufs_fill_super at mount time

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:

    > On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 05:14:25PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > >
    > > This is a free'd page fault, so it's due to DEBUG_PAGEALLOC rather than a
    > > wild pointer.
    >
    > That's true. Turning it off makes mounting reliable again.
    >
    > > Is that something new for you? Maybe the bug is older, but you've enabled
    > > PAGEALLOC only recently?
    >
    > Yup. In response to hangs re disk activity.

    Ok, That explains why it started happening for you only _now_, but not why
    it happens in the first place.

    Can you test if the patch that Evgeniy sent out fixes it for you even with
    PAGEALLOC debugging enabled?

    Evgeniy - That is one ugly macro, can you (or Alexey, for that matter:
    somebody who can test it) turn it into an inline function or something to
    make it half-way readable? I realize that means changing the arguments too
    (right now that horrid macro accesses "uspi" directly - uggghhh).

    If somebody maintains - or is interested in doing so - UFS, please speak
    up, we don't have anybody listed in the MAINTAINERS file, and when I look
    through the history, all I see is updates due to secondary issues (ie
    somebody did generic cleanups and just happened to touch UFS as part of
    that, rather than working _directly_ on UFS issues).

    Linus

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.022 / U:0.304 seconds]