    SubjectRe: need for packed attribute
    On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 01:47:29PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
    > Due to lack of manpower on the Linux side (iow, more or less just me)
    > this became the ABI of the early ARM Linux a.out toolchain. At that
    > time, I did not consider this to be a problem - it wasn't a problem
    > as far as the kernel was concerned.

    Before someone takes that the wrong way - Richard Earnshaw worked on
    porting binutils + gcc to the ARM architecture. I worked on converting
    that toolchain to work for ARM Linux - supporting the a.out shared
    libraries and other Linux specific features.

    Changing the ABI was, and still is completely outside my level of
    knowledge of gcc.

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core

      Last update: 2006-01-12 14:55    [W:0.019 / U:5.896 seconds]