    SubjectRe: 2G memory split
    On Wed, Jan 11 2006, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
    > Jens Axboe <> wrote:
    > > To me the former is clearer, it tells you that you have one full gig of
    > > low memory. But maybe that's just me.
    > It still does not describe what the consequences, especiall the difference
    > to the non-optimized case is. When do you want to use it, and when not.

    Please, I told you before in this thread, don't drop people from the cc

    But it does explain that, it says full 1g low memory support. So you
    have one full gig of low memory, compared to the default setting.
    Describing this in painstakingly more detail it of course possible, but
    as the help text mentions, if you are not sure then you better leave
    this option at its default setting.

    Jens Axboe

      Last update: 2006-01-11 11:06    [W:0.025 / U:0.936 seconds]