SubjectRe: 2.6.15-mm2

> > How are we supposed to get DRM to work on PCI Express cards if DRM needs
> > AGP and agpgart does not load when no AGP card is found ? :)
> >
> > drm: Unknown symbol agp_bind_memory
> > drm: Unknown symbol agp_backend_release
> > radeon: Unknown symbol drm_open
> > radeon: Unknown symbol drm_release
>
> That's puzzling. It should still be loadable. All the current agpgart tree
> is doing is basically enforcing agp=off if there's no agp card present.
> That shouldn't prevent the module from actually loading, or it's symbols being
> referenced by other modules.
>
> Hrmm, it's puzzling that you also are unable to resolve drm_open and drm_release.
> That may be a follow-on failure from the first, but it seems unlikely.
>
> DaveA, any clues ?

Thats' just a cascaded failure, radeon gives out because drm won't load
because agpgart won't load... there must be a reason why agpgart doesn't
load... perhaps we've some issue when the backend isn't there or
something..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG

  Last update: 2006-01-11 22:54    [W:0.422 / U:0.284 seconds]