SubjectRe: Back to the Future ? or some thing sinister ?
From
Ram Gupta wrote:

>On 1/8/06, Nathan Lynch <ntl@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>>Chaitanya Hazarey wrote:
>>

>>>We have got a machine, lets say X , make is IBM and the CPU is Intel
>>>Pentium 4 2.60 GHz. Its running a 2.6.13.1 Kernel and previously,
>>>

>Is this machine's time is synchronized with some server using ntp. I
>had seen some very similar issue when the clock deviation was more
>than a second .If clock is adjusted and time difference becomes more
>than 2 sec the diffence becomes negative because timeval has its
>members as signed int.It think that issue might be playing a role
>here.

Nope tried every thing, shutting down the ntp server, changing the Ntp
server, any thing I do it still will hang intermittently. And if the
problem is because of the Ntp why should it hang only on 2.6 not 2.4
kernels ?

And the point is that when it reaches that stage all the commands seem
to execute ultra slow.

Any help for diagnosing the problem is most welcome.

Thanks,

Chaitanya

  Last update: 2006-01-11 19:35    [W:0.174 / U:0.628 seconds]