    SubjectRe: Crash with SMP on post 2.6.15 -git kernel
    On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:50:07PM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
    > On Wednesday 11 January 2006 14:42, Vivek Goyal wrote:
    >
    > > While testing this I ran into another problem with same symtoms. If
    > > I compile my kernel for physical location greater than or equal to
    > > 16MB then only BP boots and applicatoin processors don't come up. I had
    > > noticed this problem in i386 and posted a patch. Here is the similar patch
    > > for x86_64.
    > >
    > > Though the symtoms are same but this does not seem to be related to the
    > > problem which Stephen is facing as he seems to be compiling the kernel
    > > for 1MB location only.
    >
    > I don't think that's Stephen's problem.

    You are right. This patch is for a entirely different problem. I posted the
    patch in the context of this thread because on the surface problem symtoms
    are same.

    This patch is required to boot SMP kernel from non-default physical
    locations as in case of kdump.

    Can you please include this patch.

    Thanks
    Vivek

      Last update: 2006-01-11 15:06    [W:0.022 / U:2.168 seconds]