    SubjectRe: Why the DOS has many ntfs read and write driver,but the linux can't for a long time
    Hi, Denis,
    > Andrew, I think this is a rare (on lkml at least) case when guy
    > does not want to participate in development in a Linux way
    > but wants to just pay for development instead:
    > "I want this <hardware> to work good under Linux. I want to pay
    > up to <sum> to whoever will agree to do that. Anybody?"
    Well, yes. I want my hardware to work properly. And, given amount of problems with my current setup and _knowing_
    how much time it will take for me to debug them by myself , I'm deciding that in the end run it will be faster and more efficent to
    pay relevant people to fix bugs in subsystems they write/maintain than to participate in (sometimes) never ending bugfix mode.

    > Do not dismiss him lightly. There are LOTS of people which aren't
    > hackish at all. An order of magniture more than 'us' computer geeks.
    > M$ is successful because it uses this resource.
    > We may want to think how can we use it too.
    Well. Regarding myself, your assumptions are totally wrong.
    My Linux experience started in 1995, as an admin/coder, and since 2000 I'm Linux-only almost 100%
    And up to some point I was fixing bugs that were critical for me in kernels I was using.
    But now, given amount of other tasks before me (my regular daily/nightly job) , to spend a few weeks to
    understand why my WiFi starts to drop packets after resume is more than I could afford.

    Managing your Territory since the dawn of times ...

      Last update: 2006-01-10 10:35    [W:0.020 / U:6.584 seconds]