SubjectRe: MPlayer broken under 2.6.15-rc7-rt1?
Date
Am Sonntag Januar 1 2006 15:21 schrieb Alexander E. Patrakov:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > What you have here is a bit of a gray area; you're using one of the
> > maybe-illegal binary modules that has a really long history of
> > introducing bugs that, just from the oops, may appear unrelated to this
> > module, and you can't reproduce it without. Just not because the bug
> > won't happen, but because you state that the application that triggers
> > it won't run without it.
>
> Wrong. The "nv" driver supports xvideo, and does this better than the
> official "nvidia" driver. When I had a GeForce 2 MX 200 (now this card
> is dead), my computer was was fast enough to play DVDs with
> deinterlacing with the "nv" driver, but not with "nvidia". Probably due
> to improper MTRR setup done by the "nvidia" driver.

It depends on what you call "better". If you want to watch HD resolution
videos w/o stutters, you need the Nvidia one, as the nv one just wastes CPU
cycles.

--
(°= =°)
//\ Prakash Punnoor /\\

  Last update: 2006-01-01 18:53    [W:0.074 / U:0.096 seconds]