    SubjectRe: [patch 00/10] parport: ieee1284 fixes and cleanups
    On 9/7/05, Andrew Morton <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > This is a collection of the changes I have made. They have been through
    > > linux-parport mailing list already in January and they have been modified
    > > according to comments.
    > umm, OK. parport patches worry me because nobody seems to understand the
    > code any more. We'll see.

    Thanks. I'm worried too.

    From the responses in linux-parport I gathered some of the bugs are
    there because people have not used the code. Therefore I also
    considered removing it would be good, but was afraid to do so.

    Also there are drivers that would have use for it, but they just are
    currently implemented either by just reserving the whole parport and
    then doing their daisy chain magic.

    > You just sent ten patches, all with the same name. This causes me grief
    > (See, section 2a).

    I used "quilt mail" to send those patches and it seems it requires
    some additional trick I did not notice to make the patches have
    different subjects. I had read the document you referred to but missed
    that part. I also had picked somewhere the idea that having same
    subject helped group the patches.

    > I now need to invent names for your patches, and if I later refer to one of
    > them you won't know which one I'm talking about. Oh well.

    I can also resend the patches to you. I understand you have a lot to
    do already and I want to be of help, not burden.

      Last update: 2005-09-07 13:37    [W:0.020 / U:34.484 seconds]