    SubjectRe: RFC: i386: kill !4KSTACKS
    Alex Davis wrote:
    >>Please don't tell me to "care for closed-source drivers".
    >
    > ndiswrapper is NOT closed source. And I'm not asking you to "care".
    >

    >>I don't want the pain of debugging crashes on the machines which run unknown code
    >>in kernel space.
    >
    > I'm not asking you to debug crashes. I'm simply requesting that the
    > kernel stack size situation remain as it is: with 8K as the default
    > and 4K configurable.

    I can be happy with 4K as the default, everything I use *except*
    ndiswrapper seems to run fine (I don't currently need fancy filesystems)
    but laptops seem to include a lot of unsupported hardware, which can't
    be replaced due to resources (money, slots, batter life).
    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)