SubjectRe: RFC: i386: kill !4KSTACKS
Date
On Sep 5, 2005, at 18:32:32, Thorild Selen wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:
>> Please name situations where 8K stacks may be preferred that do not
>> involve binary-only modules.
>
> How about NFS-exporting a filesystem on LVM atop md? I believe it has
> been mentioned before in discussions that 8k stacks are strongly
> recommended in this case. Are those issues solved?

I think the worst overflow case anyone found was
nfs=>xfs=>lvm=>dm=>scsi, if
someone has such a configuration, please retest with current -mm or
similar.
I think there are several patches in there to resolve the excessive
stack
usage and a few to do some sort of bio chaining (Instead of recursive
calls).
I don't remember what underlying hardware was behind the SCSI, but I
suspect
something like iSCSI or USB would push some extra stack in there for
stress
testing.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you
looked at

  Last update: 2005-09-06 01:09    [W:0.895 / U:0.140 seconds]