    SubjectRe: igmp problem
    On 9/5/05, felix-linuxkernel@fefe.de <felix-linuxkernel@fefe.de> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I wrote a few multicast tools, which use these multicast groups:
    >
    > 225.109.99.112
    > ff02::6d63:7030
    > 224.110.99.112
    > ff02::6e63:7030
    >
    > I have a Cisco in the middle, and both boxes are in different VLANs.
    > The Cisco is sending out igmp queries. The kernel never answers, even
    > after subscribing to these multicast groups.
    >
    > The kernel version is 2.4.26. What could be the problem here?
    >
    > I found no netfilter rules, and the kernel has multicast support (at
    > least several igmp related sysctls exist).

    I'm unfortunately not able to help you with your specific problem, but
    a few words of advice: you really ought to start by reproducing the
    problem with a recent kernel - like 2.4.31 or 2.6.13.
    2.4.26 is really ancient and noone really cares about it any more.

    You should probably also talk to the netdev people (CC'ed).

    --
    Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>