    SubjectOpterons and setting the pci bus master bit
    Problem, I have a number of dual processor Opterons that do not work
    with pci expansion chassis'. The reason that they do not work is because
    none of the cards discovered in the chassis get the pci bus master bit
    set in their command register. If I manually set this bit in our cards
    everything is fine. When we connect the same chassis to an Intel P4 box
    everything is fine. It looks like it is the kernel that sets this bit
    because we have never set it in any of our drivers, yet on the intel
    boxes it gets set. Why would this bit not be set when the chassis is
    connected to an Opteron. We are running 32-bit mode BTW. I am using a kernel. Is this a motherboard problem or could this be a kernel

      Last update: 2005-09-30 19:14    [W:0.018 / U:17.120 seconds]