    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.13-mm2
    On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Daniel Ritz wrote:

    > USB ohci controller having no handler. yenta shares the line, has the
    > correct handler installer, sees the interrupt, does not handle it since
    > it was not the cardbus bridge generating the interrupt but ohci.
    > nobody cares about the interrupt, nobody tells the hardware to stop.
    > hello interrupt storm. and during reesume...boom.

    Does this occur during resume from disk? Most likely the controller was
    enabled by the BIOS. Try passing the "usb-handoff" parameter to the boot
    kernel when you resume.

    > btw. i'm still suggesting not doing that free_irq() thing in suspend, at
    > least not short-term. i was thinking that it is a good idea in the beginning,
    > but Linus changed my mind...[ patch for usb ready ]

    I think that calling free_irq during suspend is a good thing in general,
    for the reason Adam Belay mentioned: It reduces interrupt overhead for
    runtime power management, where a few devices may be suspended while the
    rest of the system stays awake.

    Of course, that doesn't mean I advocate going around right away and adding
    those free_irq/request_irq pairs to every driver.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2005-09-29 04:57    [W:0.019 / U:0.136 seconds]