    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: 2.6.13-mm2
    Date
    Hi,

    On Wednesday, 28 of September 2005 23:07, David Brownell wrote:

    > > > It's handled in hcd-pci.c ... All PCI based HCDs release their IRQs
    > > > when they suspend. Including OHCI. Your diagnosis is incorrect.
    > >
    > > would you be kind enough to tell me where?
    >
    > There's only one free_irq() line, and it gets called the first time
    > through usb_hcd_pci_suspend(). QED.
    >

    > > my point is: the test patch i sent to rafael which comments out the
    > > free_irq-on-suspend thing in hcd-pci.c shows that something is wrong with
    > > USB (i think only OHCI. UHCI looks ok and about EHCI i have no data).
    >
    > Your logic escapes me, since your patch affected all three PCI HCDs.
    > If that's wrong for one, its wrong for all three.
    >
    > And as I just commented to Rafael, here are two better things to try
    > instead of believing a diagnosis that's clearly wrong:
    >
    > - 2.6.14-rc2

    This one works obviously, as it contains the patch that adds acpi_pci_link_resume()
    (http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0507.3/2234.html). The patch is
    not present in -mm though, AFAIK, so I can test the latest one, if you want me to,
    but I think it won't work.

    Greetings,
    Rafael

      Last update: 2005-09-28 23:49    [W:0.020 / U:0.432 seconds]