    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Framework for automatic Configuration of a Kernel
    Ahmad Reza Cheraghi wrote:
    > Again another good Idea. Your right;-) Its better.
    > But it better getting another way of detecting the
    > Hardware/Software etc. from the System without using
    > lspci or the proc-files...? Something that gets all
    > the Hardware Information directly from the I/O and not
    > from the Kernel. The good thing about lspci is that it
    > does both . But it doesnt say if there is a CDROM or
    > floppy-disc... I tryed alot to search for something
    > like that but without any success. I heard about this
    > Otopia Project. I google after it but I didnt find
    > anything usefule. I think its dead.

    I might be wrong, but I don't think that there is any other way to get
    hardware information but through the /proc or /sys interface.

    Can somebody comment on this ?

    Emmanuel Fleury

    It really is a nice theory. The only defect I think it has is probably
    common to all philosophical theories. It's wrong.
    -- Saul Kripke (Naming and Necessity)

      Last update: 2005-09-27 17:55    [W:0.021 / U:32.884 seconds]