SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Release of nf-HiPAC 0.9.0
On Mon, 2005-26-09 at 04:45 +0200, Michael Bellion wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am happy to announce the release of nf-HiPAC version 0.9.0
>
> During the development of version 0.9.0 everything was ported to Linux kernel
> 2.6 and large parts of the kernel code have been rewritten.
> The kernel patch is now fairly non-intrusive: it only adds one simple function
> to ip_tables.c. The rest of the patch introduces new files to the kernel.
> The new release fixes all known bugs and also introduces some new features.
>
> Since the last release I have become part of MARA Systems AB
> ( http://www.marasystems.com ). MARA Systems AB is now the commercial backer
> of the HiPAC Project and finances it completely. Together MARA Systems and I
> will make sure that HiPAC is actively maintained and further developed under
> the GNU GPL.

Congratulations to yourself as well as your sponsor. I think this is
useful.

The iptables wrapper is certainly valuable.

Can you post some numbers relative to iptables?
Some tests with the following parameters would be helpful:
- Variable incoming packet rate (in packets per second)
- Variable packet sizes
- Variable number of users/filters
- Effect of adding/removing/modifying policies while under different
incoming traffic rates.

Just even simple non-stateful comparisons like i did with tc over here:

http://www.suug.ch/sucon/04/slides/pkt_cls.pdf

Or even better when you do these tests also try out with tc filter.

cheers,
jamal

  Last update: 2005-09-26 13:20    [W:0.086 / U:0.236 seconds]