SubjectRe: SATA suspend-to-ram patch - merge?
On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:04:58AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Why not just send it to me and Andrew and get it merged.
>
> The way we keep everybody honest (me, maintainers, and random developers)
> is with this concept called "open source", which means that anybody can
> fix a problem, and you don't need to wait for the "vendor".
>
> Yes, it's good to go through channels, but when that doesn't work, it's
> good to go _past_ them too.

Umm, no one tried. The last time it came up there was a healthy
discussion, but it stopped somewhere and no one followed up. There
were two sets of patches from Jens and James and we need to arrive
somewhere in the middle.

That's exactly what I said above, people should stop bitching and bring
the patch up again - I'm pretty sure we'll find an acceptable variant
real soon.

  Last update: 2005-09-22 20:11    [W:0.045 / U:0.264 seconds]