SubjectRe: RT bug with 2.6.13-rt4 and 3c905c tornado
Date
mardi 20 Septembre 2005 10:55, Ingo Molnar wrote/a écrit :
> * Serge Noiraud <serge.noiraud@bull.net> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This driver works perfectly if you insert the physical card on a
> > PCI slot. If you insert this same card on a PCI-X slot, we got the
> > following problem : When you type "modprobe 3c59x", the system freeze.
>
> use serial logging and the NMI watchdog to debug hard lockups (see the
> info below). Use CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP=y to detect soft lockups.
> Generally the use of debugging options can help as well. Here's a 'full'
> debugging kernel:

I have another big problem with debugging :

I have :
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_8250_CONSOLE=y

If the following config option is set, I can't get traces. If I unset it, I
can't get mouse or keyboard. Do you have a work around or a patch for this ?

# CONFIG_SERIO_I8042 is not set => the trace stop and keyboard works.
CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=y => the trace is ok but no keyboard and mouse.

If the system is loaded and you can type something, an echo x >/dev/ttyS0
fixes the problem. You can have new traces. The problem is still between the
i8042 loading module and the system ok to works : If you have a module

  Last update: 2005-09-21 18:31    [W:0.139 / U:0.092 seconds]