    SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
    On 9/19/05, Horst von Brand <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
    > Nikita Danilov <nikita@clusterfs.com> wrote:
    > > It's other way around: declaration is guarded by the preprocessor
    > > conditional so that nobody accidentally use znode_is_loaded() outside of
    > > the debugging mode.
    >
    > Since when has a missing declaration prevented anyone calling a function in
    > C?!
    Never AFAIK... K&R, ANSI,ISO C89, c99, whatever version that I know of...
    You'd need -Werror and -Wmissing-prototype to make that worth it.
    Otherwise the standard says they namesys requested "please make a good
    quess as to what the args are...".
    K&R didn't even have the kind of prototypes we know and love today...
    So they shouldn't do this half-ass #if/#endif stuff.. either rip it
    out, or be a man and make the compile fail when someone calls
    znode_is_loaded , if thats what you really want. It's really over
    silly anyway, as it will fail at link time if they had matching
    preprocessor stuff around the function definition.
    #if defined(DEBUG_THIS) || defined(DEBUG_THAT)
    int znode_is_loaded(const znode * node) {return !!node->had_too_much_to_drink;}
    #endif

    --
    http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
    http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/