    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Cogito-0.15
    Dear diary, on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 01:15:38AM CEST, I got a letter
    where Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> told me that...
    > Hi!

    Hi,

    > > this is the release of Cogito-0.15. It fixes several minor bugs, and
    > > adds a feature or two. The most important thing though is that this
    > > depends on Git-core-0.99.7 and uses the new command names. Everyone is
    > > encouraged to upgrade at least to this Cogito version in the next few
    > > days, since the older Cogito versions likely won't work with the future
    > > Git-core releases.
    > >
    > > To stay in sync with the Git terminology, Cogito also renames its
    > > cg-pull to cg-fetch. Since this is a major naming change (I'm not too
    > > happy about it, personally), cg-pull will stay aliased to cg-fetch for
    > > at least one (likely two) next major Cogito releases (it also produces a
    > > warning when invoked as cg-pull). In the more distant future, cg-pull
    > > will slowly become the new name of cg-update, to make it confusing.
    >
    > Could we keep at least the cg-update name?

    yes, I want to retain it. I'm not 100% decided yet whether to actually
    use the pull term for anything in Cogito. Previous usage reportedly
    confused some, the new usage actually confuses me and apparently some
    other people. So I might just avoid the 'pull' term in the future
    altogether. Not decided yet, though, and opinions obviously welcomed.

    > It is certainly not a *pull* because it does update local repository
    > (and tree, too).

    AIUI, that's what makes it a pull for *cough* some people. ;-)

    --
    Petr "Pasky" Baudis
    Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/