    SubjectRe: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
    Nikita Danilov wrote:

    >It's enough to monitor your own code, rather than the whole kernel.

    To this I would add, the kernel should not have warnings when it
    compiles. Now THAT is a style requirement I would rigorously enforce if
    I could. I deeply regret that long ago there was a Linux scsi driver
    author who left a warning in, and then after that they started
    multiplying throughout the kernel. It makes users much more confident
    when they patch the kernel if there are no warnings that leave them
    wondering if the new patch created the warning or if it was there before.

    Hans

      Last update: 2005-09-20 00:04    [W:0.021 / U:31.404 seconds]