    SubjectRe: Assertion failed in libata-core.c:ata_qc_complete(3051)
    On 9/18/05, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@develer.com> wrote:
    > Matheus Izvekov wrote:
    >
    > >>I have a Promise TX4 controller with 4 SATA drivers
    > >>formatted with a RAID1 and a RAID5 md. LVM on top of this.
    > >
    > > Can you reproduce this with a stock kernel?
    >
    > I've just opened the case to install some more RAM and
    > noticed that the SATA controller card wasn't completely
    > fitted into the PCI slot. Could it be just a hardware
    > problem? I don't know what that assartion is about.
    >
    > Nowadays, Fedora kernels don't differ much from stock
    > kernels plus the usual bugfixes. I've now upgraded to

    They still do differ though. When asked to retest with a stock kernel,
    indulging the person who asks is usually a good idea if you want your
    problem solved :)

    > 2.6.13-1.1555-FC5 because it fixes an iptables bug.
    > I'll report if I see this bug again.
    >

    > > Also, i think it would be
    > > better if instead of sending a screenshot, get a serial cable and boot
    > > with console=ttyS*
    >
    > This is happening on our production server, and there are no
    > other computers next to it, so I can't easily hook in a
    > serial cable.

    netconsole may be a useful alternative for you then.
    See Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt

    --
    Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>