SubjectRe: Automatic Configuration of a Kernel
Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:
> How about the idea that we have a .hwconfig file and we do `make
> hwconfig' to generate it? So normal filesystems and network stack
> stuff don't belong to hwconfig.
> .hwconfig file merely stores the result from auto hardware detection.

Well, at the end you just want to have one .config file with everything
inside. If I follow your logic we also should have a .fsconfig, a
.netconfig, a .audioconfig, ... and so on.

So, working on the .config seems nice to me.

Simplicity is good ! ^_^

Emmanuel Fleury

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.
-- Groucho Marx