    SubjectRe: [RFC] subclasses in sysfs to solve world peace
    On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 08:23:43PM -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > On Thursday 15 September 2005 20:04, Kay Sievers wrote:
    > > I like that the child devices are actually below the parent device
    > > and represent the logical structure. I prefer that compared to the
    > > symlink-representation between the classes at the same directory
    > > level which the input patches propose.
    > Why don't we take it a step further and abandon classes altogether?
    > This way everything will grow from their respective hardware devices.

    That'd seem like a quite a good idea to me. ;)

    > Class represent a set of objects with similar characteristics. In
    > this regard event0 is no "lesser" than input0.

    Well, input0 itself can't be accessed from userspace, so it's different.

    > Although they are
    > linked they are objects of the same importance. I do want to see
    > all input interfaces without scanning bunch of directories.

    A directory with symlinks to all the interfaces of the class might make

    Vojtech Pavlik
    SuSE Labs, SuSE CR

      Last update: 2005-09-16 10:06    [W:0.030 / U:44.316 seconds]