    SubjectI request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel
    All objections have now been addressed so far as I can discern.

    The VFS layering issue was addressed after 2 months of recoding.

    The undesired type safe lists were removed after ~ a man week of coding.

    Cosmetic issues regarding line length, etc., were addressed.

    Numerous ~ one line changes were made that I will not address here.

    The assertions were left in, with akpm's ok.

    Pseudo files were removed.

    dependency on !4k stacks was removed and stack usage was fixed.

    reiser4_drop_inode was removed.

    our div64_32 was replaced with the linux one

    I request that reiser4 be included. Technically, we submitted 9 months
    before the deadline for 2.6.14, though I am sure the point will be
    argued. We would have submitted our feedback fixes on monday but we
    lost the type safe lists argument over the weekend before monday, so it
    delayed us.

    There have been no bug reports concerning the new code.

    If we get lucky, we might also have a compression plugin working by the
    time 2.6.14 ships, it just needs some mmap fixes to work. Then the
    benchmarks will be truly excessive..... even after we rewrite them
    because they currently generate files that compress too well to be

    Thanks to all for your kind suggestions of improvements to our work, and
    the time you invested in providing us with feedback. It will be easier
    to use meta-. to browse our code now that the type safe lists are gone,
    etc., etc.

      Last update: 2005-09-16 19:07    [W:0.020 / U:1.356 seconds]