SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rt6, ktimer subsystem
Thomas Gleixner wrote:
~
>>>- The posix timer tests run all successful, except the broken 2timertest
>>>which fails on any other HRT kernel too and the sleep to long for real
>>>timers when the clock is set backwards, which is easily solvable
>>>(working on that).
>>
>>Your mileage seems to differ from mine. Here is what I get from ./do_test:
>>The following tests failed:
>>clock_nanosleeptest
>>abs_timer_test
>>4-1
>>clock_settimetest
>>clock_gettimetest2
>>2timer_test
>

> Hmm. Except for the 2timer_test, where my source seems to be broken it
> works here.

The latest support source is in the CVS tree on the HRT site. It is no
longer a patch...

>>Then, on the second run, it crashed in an attempt to get the monotonic
>>clock (a divide error). System is a dual PIII, 800Mhz. This from the
>>rt11 patch.
>

> Hmm, divide error. I had one of those in the early phase due to some
> strange 64/32 truncation problem, which was caused by nested
> inline/macros. After unmingling the problem went away.

I suspect that the 64/32 div resulted in a >32 bit result which is a
fault. This was deep in monotonic_clock. I would rather change to
clock_monotonic (i.e. xtime+offset+walltomonotonic) and work that code
patch. monotonic_clock is just the wrong thing for this work.

George Anzinger george@mvista.com
HRT (High-res-timers): http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/