    SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rt6, ktimer subsystem
    Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    ~
    >>>- The posix timer tests run all successful, except the broken 2timertest
    >>>which fails on any other HRT kernel too and the sleep to long for real
    >>>timers when the clock is set backwards, which is easily solvable
    >>>(working on that).
    >>
    >>Your mileage seems to differ from mine. Here is what I get from ./do_test:
    >>The following tests failed:
    >>clock_nanosleeptest
    >>abs_timer_test
    >>4-1
    >>clock_settimetest
    >>clock_gettimetest2
    >>2timer_test
    >

    > Hmm. Except for the 2timer_test, where my source seems to be broken it
    > works here.

    The latest support source is in the CVS tree on the HRT site. It is no
    longer a patch...

    >>Then, on the second run, it crashed in an attempt to get the monotonic
    >>clock (a divide error). System is a dual PIII, 800Mhz. This from the
    >>rt11 patch.
    >

    > Hmm, divide error. I had one of those in the early phase due to some
    > strange 64/32 truncation problem, which was caused by nested
    > inline/macros. After unmingling the problem went away.

    I suspect that the 64/32 div resulted in a >32 bit result which is a
    fault. This was deep in monotonic_clock. I would rather change to
    clock_monotonic (i.e. xtime+offset+walltomonotonic) and work that code
    patch. monotonic_clock is just the wrong thing for this work.

    George Anzinger george@mvista.com
    HRT (High-res-timers): http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/