SubjectRe: HZ question
Stefan Smietanowski wrote:
> Mark Hounschell wrote:

>>>Are not CONFIG_PREEMPT, SMP, and current load, all determinable from
>>>userland anyway? Why not HZ?
>
> And with dynamic HZ?
>
> Do you want
> a) The HZ that was used when we booted
> b) The HZ that is currently used (say 22, but could be 573 in 0.1s)
> c) The MIN HZ (if there is such a thing and it is configured)
> that the kernel will use.
> d) The MAX HZ (same) that the kernel will use.
>
> Or do you want USER_HZ?
>
> Or are you after something else entirely.
>
> // Stefan

If dynamic HZ means dynamic timer resolutions I don't want it at all.

I guess the 'terms' John just used, ie timer resolutions, as opposed to
HZ was maybe what I really should have asked for to begin with.

However since they are both bascially the same or at least one derived
from the other......?

Thanks
Mark

  Last update: 2005-09-13 21:21    [W:0.069 / U:0.276 seconds]