    SubjectRe: HZ question
    Stefan Smietanowski wrote:
    > Mark Hounschell wrote:
    >>>Are not CONFIG_PREEMPT, SMP, and current load, all determinable from
    >>>userland anyway? Why not HZ?
    > And with dynamic HZ?
    > Do you want
    > a) The HZ that was used when we booted
    > b) The HZ that is currently used (say 22, but could be 573 in 0.1s)
    > c) The MIN HZ (if there is such a thing and it is configured)
    > that the kernel will use.
    > d) The MAX HZ (same) that the kernel will use.
    > Or do you want USER_HZ?
    > Or are you after something else entirely.
    > // Stefan

    If dynamic HZ means dynamic timer resolutions I don't want it at all.

    I guess the 'terms' John just used, ie timer resolutions, as opposed to
    HZ was maybe what I really should have asked for to begin with.

    However since they are both bascially the same or at least one derived
    from the other......?

      Last update: 2005-09-13 21:21    [W:0.021 / U:75.724 seconds]