Subjectwait_event_interruptible_timeout problem

Hi,
I have a kernel module (kernel 2.6) where I have
opened multiple tcp connections. when there is no
data
i want my process to sleep. For that i have added
the
following code.

/* Initialise the wait q head */
init_waitqueue_head(&VNICClientWQHead);

init_waitqueue_entry(&(currentMap->waitQ), current);
add_wait_queue(currentMap->sock->sk->sk_sleep,
&(currentMap->waitQ));

/* here currentMap is a structure containing tcp
conenction info for my module. There is a currentMap
for each tcp connection */

wait_event_interruptible_timeout(VNICClientWQHead,
0, HZ * 100000);

I am not sure about the condition argument, 0.

It is not working. How the condition is to be set
here
so that whenever data is available on any socket
(tcp
connection) the sleeping process gets waken up?

Could anyone please give some light on this?

Regards,
Mano

> --- Gaurav Dhiman <gaurav4lkg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 9/13/05, manomugdha biswas
> > <manomugdhab@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am using the this function in the following
> way:
> >
> > you are using it wrong way ....
> >

> > > wait_queue_head_t VNICClientWQHead;
> > >
> > > /* Initialise the wait q head */
> > > init_waitqueue_head(&VNICClientWQHead);
> > >
> > > init_waitqueue_entry(&waitQ, current);
> > > add_wait_queue(sock->sk->sk_sleep, waitQ));
> >
> > need not to do this at all, as all this is done by
> > wait_event_interruptible_timepout() function. Just
> > here you initialize
> > the head of the list.
> >

> > > /*
> > > my code, it reads data from socket
> > > */
> > >

> wait_event_interruptible_timeout(VNICClientWQHead,
> > 0,
> > > HZ * 100000);
> > >
> > > if no activity is to be done then this process
> > sleeps.
> > > When some data comes in socket i.e socket
> becomes
> > > readable this process should wake up. In kernel
> > 2.4 it
> > > was working fine using
> > interruptible_sleep_on_time().
> > > But it is not working in kernel 2.6 even if data
> > > arrives in socket! The sleeping process never
> wake
> > up.
> > > Could you please tell me what is the problem?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mano

> > in
> > now
> > was
> > this

> > majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> > http://www.tux.org/lkml/

> > majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> http://www.tux.org/lkml/
> > > >

> > > Manomugdha Biswas

> > > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now.
> Go
> > to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
> > >

> > --
> > - Gaurav
> > my blog: http://lkdp.blogspot.com/
> > --
> >

> Manomugdha Biswas

> Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner now. Go to
> http://yahoo.shaadi.com

Manomugdha Biswas