    Subject"Read my lips: no more merges" - aka Linux 2.6.14-rc1

    Ok, it's been two weeks (actually, two weeks and one day) since 2.6.13,
    and that means that the merge window is closed. I've released a
    2.6.14-rc1, and we're now all supposed to help just clean up and fix
    everything, and aim for a really solid 2.6.14 release.

    Both the diffstat and the shortlog are so big that I can't post them on
    the kernel mailing list without getting the email killed by the size
    restrictions, so there's not a lot to say.

    alpha, arm, x86, x86-64, ppc, ia64, mips, sparc, um.. Pretty much every
    architecture got some updates. And an absolutely _huge_ ACPI diff, largely
    because of some re-indentation.

    drm, watchdog, hwmon, i2c, infiniband, input layer, md, dvb, v4l, network,
    pci, pcmcia, scsi, usb and sound driver updates. People may appreciate
    that the most common wireless network drivers got merged - centrino
    support is now in the standard kernel.

    On the filesystem level, FUSE got merged, and ntfs and xfs got updated. In
    the core VFS layer, the "struct files" thing is now handled with RCU and
    has less expensive locking.

    And networking changes.

    In other words, a lot of stuff all over the place. Be nice now, and follow
    the rules: put away the new toys, and instead work on making sure the
    stuff that got merged is all solid. Ok?

    Anybody with git can do the shortlog with

    git-rev-list --no-merges --pretty=short v2.6.14-rc1 ^v2.6.13 |
    git-shortlog | less -S
    which is actually pretty informative.

    Linus