SubjectRe: Oops 2.6.13-git6
On Llu, 2005-09-12 at 20:00 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> However, in the case of 2 IDE channels hotplug program works with unregister and
> rescan commands. I think there is still problem with DMA, but it works partly.

In a tiny subset of cases and for PIO modes only for devices that match
IDE generic PIO interfaces, providing the interface is not boot
detected, you don't remove it when in use and the moon is in the right
phase.

> Another issue, when cdrecord finalizes DVD or CD, then whole IDE channel is
> blocked. Is that hardware problem or some preemption problem in kernel?

This is an IDE protocol limitation. See the cdrecord manual for other
options if you want to avoid that occurring.

  Last update: 2005-09-12 23:38    [W:0.722 / U:0.012 seconds]