SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] DSFS Network Forensic File System for Linux Patches
Date
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 22:49, Jose Luis Domingo Lopez wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 August 2005, at 11:27:41 -0600,
>
> Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> > I am very open to discussions of this. Please go ahead and argue the
> > merits of GPL vs. proprietary code. DSFS is platform
> > neutral and will also run on Windows XP/2000/2003/Longhorn and Free BSD.
> > It uses no kernel headers or kernel files.
>
> So then, does it have _anything_ to do with linux kernel development? It
> doesn't seem so. Is this "product" an attempt to raise some money, and
> make your former "linux kernel buyout" offer, but now giving a higher
> amount of money?
>
> Damnit, hope I am not feeding some troll out there...

I think Jeff was making available changes he'd made to the Linux kernel, under
the terms of the GPL, to allow this proprietary software to work (properly?).

The patches contain nothing that would be of general use to anybody.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.