    SubjectRe: reboot vs poweroff (was: Linux 2.6.13)
    Hi.

    On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 16:24, Meelis Roos wrote:
    > RD> Well, there aren't many differences between 2.6.13-rc7 and 2.6.13. If
    > RD> I had to guess, I would bet the commit below is what broke you. I'm
    > RD> including a patch that reverts it at the end of this email
    >
    > Nigel, have you tried reverting the patch Roland pointed out? It
    > probably helps you.
    >
    > I am also interested in this but in another way - the fix fixed reboot
    > for me (and at least one more person) and just plain reverting it will
    > break it again. Some better fix will probably be needed.

    I've since found that in the suspend2 code, I was working around this
    problem before by not calling the prepare method. I've just today
    modified the Suspend code so that it calls prepare for all of the
    powerdown methods and everything is working fine without reverting the
    patch. I guess this is your better fix if you're a suspend2 user. If
    not, are there other circumstances in which you're seeing the computer
    fail to powerdown?

    Regards,

    Nigel
    --