SubjectRe: irqpoll causing some breakage?
Am Dienstag 09 August 2005 02:48 schrieb Daniel Drake:
> Hi,
> I recently added the irqpoll patch to Gentoo's 2.6.12 kernels, using this patch:
> Since then, I've had a few reports of minor breakage, but this is the first
> one I've been able to get full info on.
> Hans-Christian Armingeon (on CC) owns a a combined USB keyboard-mouse, which
> is broken when the irqpoll patch is applied.
> input: USB HID v1.00 Keyboard [Cherry GmbH Cherry Slim Line Trackball
> Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:10.0-1
> input: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [Cherry GmbH Cherry Slim Line Trackball Keyboard]
> on usb-0000:00:10.0-1
> After the irqpoll patch has been applied, the mouse does not work (the
> keyboard works fine..!). This is without the irqpoll/irqfixup parameters,
> although adding them does not help either. No errors appear, as far as I can see.

I have two other mice, and they don't work, too.

My usb Setup_

PortA --- Keyboard with integrated mouse
PortB --- Hub
HubPortA --- Mouse
HubPortA --- Trackball

The mice don't work, when I plug them directly into Port A or B .

The keyboard works ervery time.

> The problem also exists in an unpatched 2.6.13_rc6.
> dmesg here:
> full bug:
> I realise that this is probably not enough information to make any sense out
> of! Please let me know how we can help further.

Me too.

> Thanks,
> Daniel

Thanks in advance,