    SubjectRe: Logitech Quickcam Express USB Address Aquisition Issues
    Date
    On Sunday 07 Aug 2005 19:54, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
    > On Sunday 07 Aug 2005 12:36, christos gentsis wrote:
    > [snip]
    >
    > > > I searched up google a bit and recieved some warnings about acpi
    > > > causing problems, so I disabled that, but was still unsucessful in
    > > > getting that to work. Please let me know if any other information is
    > > > required. Thanks ahead of time.
    > > >
    > > > Chris White
    > >
    > > does the drivers for the Phillips web cams come back to the kernel?
    > > because i thought that it was taken out...
    > >
    > > http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/
    > >
    > > check this site and see if your cam was one of the cams that supported
    > > from the driver that discontinue... so if is supported by this driver,
    > > download and install it... it works i try it with my cam ;)
    >
    > The in-kernel pwc driver doesn't work for me either. I highly recommend you
    > try the above if this turns out to not be a hardware fault.

    Sorry, I didn't even check the link. Try the driver from:

    http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/

    Which seems to work better.

    --
    Cheers,
    Alistair.

    'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
    Third year Computer Science undergraduate.