SubjectRe: About Linux Device Drivers
Alejandro,

I too am reading this book and I can recommend the 3rd edition - it's
very well written (maybe not as much as Robert Love's Kernel Development
book though ;)). The O'Reilly site contains the book examples for the
3rd edition so perhaps you could just download those examples and where
the book refferences examples go to the new versions and look at the
PDFs someone else mentioned if there's 2.6 specific things in there you
don't understand.

But getting your hands on a 3rd edition book will be beneficial I'd say.

Anyway, back to reading that book for me!

Matt G

Nick Sillik wrote:
> Alejandro Cabrera wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> I'm new in the list and I'm interested in lkm, I have the Linux Device
>> Drivers 2ed. And I use the 2.6.8-2 kernel, and the modules that I
>> create I don't test in my workstation. Exist any way to run the
>> examples exposed in this book over my kernel or I need the LDD 3ed ????
>> thx for your patient
>> Alejandro
>>

>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
>> linux-kernel" in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>

> The second edition of Linux Device Drivers is specific
> to 2.4.x (and possibly 2.2.x) kernels. The third edition will
> work with the 2.6 kernel. Luckily it is also released under
> Creative Commons. Take a look at the PDFs here:
> http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
>
> Enjoy!
> Nick Sillik
> n.sillik@temple.edu
> -

  Last update: 2005-08-06 20:08    [W:0.041 / U:0.076 seconds]